31 October 2009


Being sick on the path


Few weeks back i was sick with fever. I had 104 temperature. I could not stand or lie down, it was like being on constant pain. Had thoughts like well i do my kriya and pray regularly why am i falling sick. I couldn't remember any thing good. Was grumpy and angry with the doctors (they were going to put drips with a needle on my hand). I screamed at them for 15 minutes and then they decided against putting the drips. I just started observing my breath noticed how irregular and shaky it was. At that moment i came back and realized that how much "tamasha" my mind was doing. My bad mood went away. I realized that past few days of sickness i did not remember guruji at all. As soon as i remembered guruji i felt better and decided i will not suffer any more. I went to "mast kalandar" had combo 75 and following day and i got better. This was a classic example of " pain is inevitable but suffering is optional". But remembering this during pain is.... another thing.

2 comments:

Kaushik said...

looks like you needed that break!

Madhuri Kaushik said...

Some experiences in life are given to us to make us realise the value of what we take for granted in life!